Registration & Residency
Seymour Public Schools Centralized Registration Process
The Seymour Schools registration process strives to assist families seeking enrollment or transferring within our school district by making the process as easy as possible through a centralized process.
There are several documents that will be required in order to begin the enrollment and registration process. A notary will be on site for parents/legal guardians who need documents notarized. Original documents are required.
In order to expedite the process to register your child in the Seymour School District, please bring the following paperwork:
- Child’s birth certificate or passport.
- Child’s last physical and immunizations.
- Your driver’s license with your current Seymour address. (change of address label on the back of your license is acceptable)
- Two bills that come in your name to your Seymour address. Examples include but not limited to: cell phone, electricity, water, oil/fuel, motor vehicle registration, motor vehicle insurance, tax bill
- If you rent/lease your home, a copy of your lease and the landlord affidavit (which must signed and notarized)
- If you own your home, a copy of the warranty deed or mortgage statement.
- Parents/Guardians will obtain the Seymour Schools registration packet and school information packets at the Central Office building, located at Seymour Board of Education, 98 Bank Street, Seymour, on the upper level. Packets may also be mailed or emailed upon request. Parents should call ahead for handicap accessibility accommodations.
- All district forms must be processed for official enrollment.
- Parents/Legal Guardians must return all completed district forms in person to the Centralized Registration center, 98 Bank Street (back entrance, second floor) All required documents must be brought to the Centralized Registration Center for verification purposes.
Verification of documents and records may take up to three (3) days before notification to parents regarding acceptance. When all paperwork has been verified and registration is in order, parents will be contacted by the respective school.