Seymour Kindergarten Registration 2021
Due to COVID-19 Pandemic this year, we will being using a digital platform in order to register your child for Kindergarten for the 2021-2022 academic year.
Please click on the link (which is also listed below) and enter the information that is required. You will be e-mailed a registration packet that includes the forms that need to be filled out, as well as a list of the documentation that you need to provide to verify residency. Please return all completed forms and documentation by either email to or by the US Postal Service to the Seymour Board of Education, 98 Bank Street, 2nd floor, Seymour, CT 06483.
Parents of children who are eligible for kindergarten in September of 2021 as well as Grade One (1) students who have been attending a private kindergarten program, are urged to register their children. Children must be five (5) years of age as of December 31, 2021 to be eligible to attend Kindergarten in September 2021.
Parents must bring a copy of the child’s official birth certificate, immunization records and proof of residency. Proof of residency documentation includes driver’s license, house deed or lease and two utility bills. Children must have required immunization inoculations and boosters for the following: Polio, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, DTaP, Varicella, Hib (Hemophilus Influenza Type B), and Hep B (Hepatitis B), Pneumococcal, and Hep A.
Connecticut State Education Law requires that all schoolchildren have a health examination prior to entering kindergarten. We strongly encourage you to have your private physician perform this examination prior to August 2, 2021 so that your child may be admitted to school on September 1, 2021. Your private physician is the health individual who knows the most about your child's health and can contribute to the preservation of your child's health.
Completed physical paperwork must be returned by August 16, 2021 in order for students to start school.
Along with the health examination, a hematocrit or hemoglobin blood test, vision, auditory, and postural screening must be performed, plus adequate immunizations. The following are the immunization requirements prior to registration:
1. DTaP– At least four (4) doses. The last dose must be given on or after 4th birthday
2. Polio – At least three (3) doses. The last dose must be given on or after 4th birthday
3. MMR – Two (2) doses separated by at least 28 days, first dose on or after the 1st birthday
4. Hib – One (1) dose on or after the 1st birthday for children less than 5 years old
5. Hep B – Three (3) doses, last dose on or after 24 weeks of age
6. Varicella (Chicken Pox) – Two (2) doses separated by at least 3 months, 1st dose on or after the
1st birthday or verification of disease
7. Pneumococcal – One (1) dose on or after 1st birthday for children less than 5 years old
8. Hep A – Two (2) doses given Six (6) calendar months apart, first dose on or after 1st birthday
If you have any questions, feel free to discuss them with your child's private physician or contact the principal of your child's school.
Click here for registration materials: