We are pleased to announce that starting in the Fall of 2020, Seymour Public Schools is providing K-12 students with a Chromebook to use for both in-person and potential distance learning. The Chromebook will allow students access to G-Suite for Education, educational web-based tools, as well as many other useful websites. The Chromebook is an educational tool that is not intended for gaming, social networking or high end computing. This device at all times will remain the property of Seymour Public Schools.
The Chromebook 1:1 Program facilitates:
• Instant access to course assignments and resources in and out of school
• Opportunities to create original work and demonstrate learning using technology tools
• Increased feedback from teachers and peers to guide learning
• Increased opportunities to engage in differentiated, individualized and personalized learning
• Enhanced opportunities for group and project based learning
• Improved student workflow through the use of technology tools
• Access to collaborative technologies to work with others locally and globally
• Access to tech tools designed to promote equity in the classroom
• Opportunity to learn and practice digital citizenship
• Increased school to home communication
Additionally, as part of the 1:1 Chromebook initiative Seymour Public Schools is recommending enrollment in our district provided “Device Protection Plan” prior to the deployment of the Chromebook to your child. Under this protection plan, the Chromebooks are protected against accidental damage to the device, to a limited number of claims per device and/or for specific reasons.