Device Protection Plan
District One to One Device Protection Plan
Like textbooks, team uniforms and other school property issued to your child, there is a responsibility to take appropriate care of these valuable resources. A District Assigned Device is no different but it does represent a cost to the district and consequent liability to students and parents. We have a warranty in place to cover the District Assigned Device covered for manufacturing defects, but we know loss and accidents may also happen, even when students take good care of the device. In these instances, district policies, state regulations and practices require a fine be levied to cover the repair or replacement cost of district property, therefore we have provided the opportunity to purchase a protection plan for students receiving a District Assigned Device.
- From the date the protection plan form and payment are received until the
start of the next school year, or the student’s graduation / exit from district,
whichever comes first.
What the plan covers:
- Maximum of 2 claims per plan period
- Accidental damage – including but not limited to broken screen, liquid spillage, drops
- Unavoidable theft – police report must be submitted within 72 hours of theft, see
“Additional Information” section below.
What the plan does NOT cover:
- Lost devices are not covered by this plan. A full replacement cost not to exceed $275
- Intentional marking, defacing, removing inventory label and/or abusing the device by the
student responsible for the device.
- Intentional Damage: Students/Parents are responsible for full payment of intentional
damages to devices by the student responsible for the device.
- Damage caused by tampering with hardware components or operating system to alter configurations.
Additional Information: In cases of theft, vandalism and other criminal acts, a police/fire report MUST be filed by the student or parent for the protection plan to take effect. A copy of the police/fire report must be provided to the Main Office.
What will void my plan?
- If more than two (2) claims are made during the protection plan term. You will be able to renew the policy in the next school year.
- If the school makes a determination that the damage to the device was intentional or caused by abuse.
Plan Costs as well as "a la carte" Repair Costs (if protection plan is not purchased):
Can be found on the District Protection Plan Application