What is Digital Citizenship?
As the internet has evolved and we have seen the rise of social media, so too has the concept of being a “good digital citizen”. It is no longer enough to just “be a safe user” of the internet. While the need to be safe when utilizing the internet is ever present, we must also be responsible users.
Being a responsible user means:
1. Treating people nicely while online or on social media.
2. Conducting yourself no differently than if you were in person.
3. Being mindful that whatever you share on the internet will always be on the internet.
4. Realizing that not everything you read on the internet is always true! Think before sharing!
5. Following your local and federal laws during online activity.
Here is a good video on being a Good Digital Citizen