The purpose of the Alumni Association is to recognize and maintain the tradition of excellence of the graduated Wildcats with the goal of creating a network of graduates in which to connect current and former students.
The mission of the Seymour High School Alumni Association is to generate and maintain the connection and involvement of all alumni to carry on Wildcat tradition and to promote the advancement of Seymour High School through modeled leadership, community involvement, and scholarship opportunities. The Alumni Association will support the endeavors and initiatives of current and fellow Wildcats and will honor those who have exceeded in creative, successful, and humanitarian ways.
- To establish and grow ourselves as an organization within the alumni community in order to create a network for current and former students.
- To develop the SHS Alumni Association as a financially self-sufficient and fiscally responsible organization within the SHS community through the Valley Community Foundation.
- Development, maintenance, and moderating of digital media including Facebook, Twitter, Linked-In, and Web site activities where past and current students can establish connections and network.
- To establish a repository of historic memorabilia through digitized yearbooks through the establishment of a kiosk located at Seymour High School. Create a drop box so that alumni can drop photos and look through photos
- To purchase and maintain an interactive screen, housed in Seymour High School which will allow students to view and interact with information pertaining to alumni.
- To provide students with scholarship opportunities in which to foster future success.
- To assist in charitable causes.
- To establish and run alumni relations such as events, gatherings, and sale of alumni merchandise.